The motorcycle race season is now well underway. World Superbikes and MotoGP have already started their seasons. And possibly the best national series, the 2017 British Superbike championship, kicks off at Donington on Friday, March 31st.
The entry list includes multiple champion Shane Byrne and team-mate Glenn Irwin on the Be Wiser Ducatis. Leon Haslam and Luke Mossey are on the JG Speedfit Kawasakis. Honda will again field Dan Linfoot and Jason O’Halloran. And Tyco BMW riders Christian Iddon and Davide Giugliano will both be capable of running at the front.
Then there’s the returning Josh Brookes on the Anvil Hire Yamaha, John Hopkins on the Moto Rapido Ducati, James Ellison and Michael Laverty on the McAms Yamahas, and the Bennetts Suzuki team of Sylvain Guintoli and Taylor Mackenzie. And also the debut of Bradley Ray on the Buildbase Suzuki.
Basically, out of a field of 25 riders, you wouldn’t bet against about 17 of them having a chance of winning.
What’s the Donington Park British Superbikes Timetable?
The weekend kicks off at 9am on Friday, March 31st. Free practice for all classes takes place throughout the day, and there are qualifying sessions for the KTM RC Cup at 3.45pm, and the Ducati TriOptions Cup at 5.45pm.
On Saturday, the morning is largely taken up with qualifying sessions and the final free practice for the BSB boys.
For entry, gates open at 7.30am
- 12.30: Ducati performance TriOptions Cup 8 Laps
- 13:00: Pirelli National Superstock 1000 2 x 18 laps
- 14:30: British Motostar Championship 10 laps
- 15:05: KTM RC Cup 8 laps
- 15:35: Ducati Performance TriOptions Cup 10 laps
- 16:02: BSB Qualifying and Superpole
- 17:20: British Supersport Championship Sprint Race 10 laps
Sunday is race day, with all the competing classes getting a morning warm up session. Then racing begins at 10:30am. There are also Suzuki Donington 40th Anniversary parade laps taking place during lunch at 1pm.
- 10:30: KTC RC Cup 8 laps
- 11.05: Ducati TriOptions Cup 10 laps
- 12:35 National Superstock 600 14 laps
- 13:30: British Superbikes 20 laps
- 14:15: National Superstock 1000 16 laps
- 14:55: British Motostar Championship 14 laps
- 15:40 British Supersport Championship Feature Race 18 laps
- 16:30: British Superbikes 20 laps
- 17:15: KTM RC Cup 8 laps
How much does Donington British Superbikes 2017 cost?
Advance ticket sales have now ended, so it’s full price on the gate. Children age 13 and under are free, and parking is free for the British Superbikes. Plus you can get 50% off adult entry for the Donington Park museum on the day.
The paddock will be open. And disabled spectators access is located at Coppice Corner with an elevated viewing and parking area. You’ll need to be displaying your blue badge to get in.
Ticket prices for the weekend are:
£25 – race day only
There are a few limited camping spots left for those deciding to stay at the last minute. Weekend admission with camping starts at £75 for those over 14 years of age.
How to Watch Donington BSB 2017 on TV:
Not able to make it to Donington Park? Here’s how to watch on TV and online.
British Superbikes Live Timing is available via the official British Superbikes site for free.
Saturday April 1:
- 15:45: Live Qualifying and Supersport Sprint Race (Until 6pm) – Eurosport 2
- 21:00: Qualifying and Supersport Sprint Race Highlights – Eurosport 2
Sunday April 2:
- 13:00: Live British Superbikes (Until 6pm) – Eurosport 2
- 21:00: Race Highlights – Eurosport 2
- 22:00: British Superbikes Extra – Eurosport 2
Monday April 3:
- 13.15: Race Highlights – Eurosport 2
- 14:15: British Superbikes Extra – Eurosport 2
- 17:30: Race Highlights – Eurosport 1
Eurosport is available via Sky, Virgin Media and BT TV. Or online via the Eurosport Player, which is £5.99 for a one day pass, or £29.99 for access until December 31st, 2017 (Which also includes World Superbikes). That’s a special offer running until April 30th, 2017.